Full time positions are available on the 3p and 11p shifts. Please call Diane at (978) 738-6110 to discuss.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Certified Nursing Assistant assists the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting, and exercising.
- Collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures, and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports, and escorts residents as needed with the use of safety/protective devices.
- Answers call lights promptly and courteously.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds, and keeps rooms clean and orderly when necessary.
- Follows all safety, security, infection control, and hazardous materials policies and procedures.
- Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for all residents.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Works effectively as part of a team and maintains an even temperament when faced with day-to-day stressors.
- Documentation follows Medicare and regulatory guidelines and is complete and accurate.
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Charge or Staff Nurse.