The position requires either a nurse (LPN/RN) or a licensed social worker.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Community Relations Liaison develops an environment in the facility in which the residents can maintain adult social roles with dignity and with as much independence as possible. The Director of Social Services also identifies medically related social and emotional needs and dementia related challenges and implements efforts to meet them. In addition provides support and education to the residents, families and staff who are interacting with residents with dementia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with the Nursing staff, GV Social Worker, Resident Services and outside sources (hospitals, physicians, other referrals) to coordinate all admissions and discharges to the Meadow View Neighborhood. Assists the GV Social worker as needed and acts as back up in his/her absence.
- Completes all initial admission paperwork; checking for and explaining appropriate information in accordance with Federal and State regulations and policies of the facility. If delegated, ensures accuracy and completion.
- Communicates effectively with the Resident Services Director, Director of Nursing, and Health Center staff, as well as family and residents.
- Attends to psycho/social well-being of residents and families through visiting and counseling.
- Completes documentation in accordance with Federal and State regulations and facility policies.
- Participates in daily update meetings as scheduled.
- Serves as Care Plan Coordinator for the residents on the Meadow View neighborhood and acts as back up for Garden View as needed.
- Coordinates obtaining of needed clothing for residents.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Coordinates quarterly support group/Family night for Health Center families.
- Provides emotional and educational support to the staff of the Health Center in managing residents with dementia using the hearth stone principals. Reports any staff showing signs of burnout to the Director of Nurses.
- Advocates for the individual rights of residents; monitors compliance of Resident’s Bill of Rights.
- Participates in Medicare and QAPI, care planning and Risk meetings, as well as other meetings as needed.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA, HITECH and Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
- Provides tours and information to potential referrals about the MV neighborhood and assists in screening and marketing for potential residents for placement, providing clinical opinion as to appropriateness of placement.
- Provides updates for resident’s families as necessary; must be able to use tact and diplomacy during all communications with residents, family, staff and vendors.
- Attends ongoing educational programs to keep abreast of current social service regulations, and as
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all
- Will be available in times of emergency; position is considered a critical position.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Nursing.