Edgewood is looking for a part time HR Assistant to support the HR department with 1+ years experience in in administrative setting. The ideal candidate will have proficient computer skills (experience working with Microsoft office and HRIS), the ability to maintain confidential information, basic accounting skills and good interpersonal skills.
Come join our team of caring professionals that make Edgewood a great place to work and live! We offer beautiful facilities, benefits, plus competitive wages based on experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Generalist, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting the efficient, effective and professional delivery of human resource programs and services in support of the mission and organizational values and objectives of Edgewood. The Human Resources Assistant will provide clerical and office support assistance for the Human Resources team. Strives to provide exceptional customer service in alignment with Edgewood’s standards of conduct.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists in the hiring process, including background checks, checking OIG web site, Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI), following up with applicants as necessary to ensure timely completion of paperwork, processing paperwork, and entering paperwork into HRIS system.
• Assists in placing job ads and assists in handling other recruitment tasks as requested.
• Assists in the administration of employee benefits programs. Assists in providing enrollment materials to eligible employees, enrolling employees in benefit programs, including entering information into benefit web sites and ADP system.
• Assists The Human Resources Generalist in preparing health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, FSA plan and other benefit billing for accuracy and coding – for review and approval by the director. Performs monthly self-audits to ensure accuracy of enrollments with benefit deductions from payroll.
• Assists in administering the life insurance benefit plan including maintaining beneficiary designation forms and other assistance as appropriate.
• Assist in maintaining job descriptions and prepares changes as requested.
• While safeguarding and ensuring confidentiality of employee records, releases authorized information regarding employment verification in accordance with community policies.
• Responsible for filing of documents in employee files in a timely manner. Assists in auditing employee files annually to ensure that accurate and pertinent records are kept.
• Assists in keeping human resource bulletin boards current and assists in ensuring that all legal notices are posted. Assists in maintaining employee suggestion boxes, apprises HR director of issues and employee suggestions and assists the HR Generalist in distributing information to department heads as appropriate.
• Assists in tracking evaluations, TB, physicals, and licenses. Assists in preparing notification form and notifies employees monthly of expiring TB, physicals, and licenses.
• Assists in entering data in the ADP Workforce Now system and generating standard and requested reports.
• Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
• Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
• Maintains an environment which acknowledges supports and respects employees – and maintains positive employee relations.
• Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
• Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
• May provide assistance for the Accounting office as necessary.
• Performs other tasks and responsibilities as requested or assigned by the director of human resources.