THE BRAND-NEW WOODLANDS INN AT EDGEWOOD WILL OPEN IN SUMMER 2018. WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT STAFF WITH HEART TO HELP BRING THE INN TO LIFE.
Full and part time positions are available. Staff will begin training in May 2018. If you don’t have a Home Health Aide Certification, we are willing to provide paid education for the right candidates.
Offering state-of-the-art Enhanced Independent Living and Memory Support households, The Woodland’s Inn will provide a warm, homelike setting that empowers residents to maintain their highest level of independence.
Working at the Woodlands Inn is geared towards building relationships and being a part of a resident’s life, focusing on an integrated method of care. In order to support that, each home will have a maximum of 10 residents.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Innkeeper is responsible for caring for elders in a universal worker model in which they provide a wide range of assistance. This includes personal care, activities, meal planning & preparation, light housekeeping and laundry duties and emotional support. Through strong relationship building with residents and families, and an organizational structure that keeps much of the day-to-day decision-making in the home, the Innkeeper will facilitate an environment that contributes to a meaningful life for residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs documented in-depth interview upon move in to determine resident preferences, care goals and life wishes and with resident input, develops a life plan to support a meaningful life.
- Coordinates with the Innkeeping team to develop a daily duty roster and performs duties as assigned per the roster.
- Makes daily rounds to ill residents. Reports medical or emotional changes to Care Management Nurse promptly.
- Responds to and appropriately reports emergencies and meets with residents following emergency visits and/or ill resident visits as assigned throughout the shift.
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL per the resident service plan. Provides support and friendly visits to residents as needed or instructed.
- Provides general clerical support by answering phone, ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the house.
- Completes light housekeeping and laundry services daily in resident rooms and in individual home common areas.
- Provides medication cues to residents as assigned and documents appropriately.
- Prepares, cooks and serves meals and snacks to residents under the direction of a Culinary Chef. Assists in planning and developing menus based on resident wishes, cultural needs and requests. Works with Chef to determine supplies needed for meal preparation.
- Cleans up after all meals, washes dishes, stores food and maintains kitchen area in safe and sanitary manner.
- Observes and reports maintenance needs promptly using electronic work order system.
- Maintains documentation of resident records and tracking of care given. Communicates changes and/or resident needs to other staff members.
- Follows all safety, security, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to schedule appropriate staffing for the home.
- Participates in family meetings when requested.
- Communicates with physicians and health care providers when requested.
- Provides in-house escort services to beauty shop, recreational gym and sites on and off the Edgewood campus, etc.
- Plans, creates, initiates, conducts and actively participates in on and off-site, social and recreational activities based upon resident wishes and interests.
- Understands and follows the active service plan for each resident. Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Upholds Resident’s rights at all times and applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Assists in monitoring resident medication cue compliance and follows up with Health Care Administrator as needed for concerns or resident noncompliance.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance, Mission and Values at all times.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents and captures this in documentation to ensure accurate care assessment and appropriate billing.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for all residents.
- Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Health Care Administrator