PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
A General Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the physical plant. Conducting preventative maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, and plumbing repairs of facility equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Performs general maintenance duties, such as: fixing wall covers, floor covers, and some furniture and fixtures; light plumbing work, minor electrical repair, and appliance repair.
2. Performs painting and refurbishing projects.
3. Performs routine preventative maintenance.
4. Performs minor building and equipment repairs.
5. Assures that the grounds are well-groomed and free of trash debris and other hazards.
6. Performs grass cutting as assigned.
7. Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
8. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
9. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Maintains all tools, equipment, and supplies in proper condition.
2. Must know responsibilities during fire alarms, fires, tornadoes, bomb threats, and other possible emergencies.
3. Assists with driving the community bus and car when needed.
4. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
5. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned.
6. Trims, prunes, and shapes various trees, bushes, and shrubs and plants as directed by supervisor.
7. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
8. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Plant Operations Director and Director of Maintenance.