Proximity to Attractions
Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast or a city slicker, Edgewood's location has much to offer you. Join one of our many organized excursions or ask our staff for help in planning your own. Here is a sampling of our surrounding attractions:
- Lake Cochichewick Just next door, the lake is a gathering place for waterfowl and a perfect spot to picnic, fish, or hike.
- North Andover Selected by Money Magazine in 2003 as the "Fifth Best Community to live in on the East Coast," and is a convenient destination for shopping or dining.
- Boston Symphony Hall, the theater district, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, the Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Museum of Science, New England Aquarium, Fenway Park, and the JFK museum are destinations of our frequently scheduled trips to the city.
- Beaches Nearby Salisbury Beach, Hampton Beach, and Crane Beach will satisfy your yen for sand and salt air.
- Museums With the Peabody Essex Museum, the Salem Historic Museum, the John Greenleaf Whittier Birthplace, and many others, there's plenty of local culture.
- Theater North Shore Music Theatre, Phillips Academy Andover, and Merrimack College offer a variety of performances throughout the year.
- Scenic Drives Wildlife refuges, hills of autumn leaves, picturesque historic seaports, all are within a few miles of Edgewood.
- Golf Courses Hickory Hill, Merrimack Golf Club, and Far Corner Golf Course are just a few of the area's many public golf courses.
- Sporting Events Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium, Rockingham Horse Track, Seabrook Race Track — all are popular destinations.