The position is available on the 11p shift.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Resident Services Aide provides personal and non-personal care assistance to residents when there is a need. Assists residents so that independent living can be maintained for as long as appropriate and possible. Promotes independent living activities while giving assistance to residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL’s as needed.
- ProviDes in-house and off-site escort services to beauty shop, physician appointments, etc.
- Makes daily rounds to ill residents.
- Performs housekeeping tasks such as silver polishing, apartment cleaning, etc.
- Responds to emergency calls and follows-up on emergency visits and/or ill residents.
- Provides support and friendly visits.
- Conducts grocery shopping, as well as other general errands.
- Provides general clerical support by answering phone, ordering supplies, and typing letters and
- Maintains resident charts and vials of life and notes changes in log book.
- Follows all safety, security, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
- Assists in monitoring medication compliance.
- Assists with resident room tray service.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents.
- Provides information to and updates family members regarding resident conditions and assists in counseling residents and/or families.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for all residents.
- Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Team Leader/Resident Services Care Manager.