Part time positions are available on the first and second shifts. Full Time positions are available on the 3p and 11p shifts.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Resident Services Aide provides personal and non-personal care assistance to residents when there is a need. Assists residents so that independent living can be maintained for as long as appropriate and possible. Promotes independent living activities while giving assistance to residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL’s as needed.
- Provides in-house and off-site escort services to beauty shop, physician appointments, etc.
- Makes daily rounds to ill residents.
- Performs housekeeping tasks such as silver polishing, apartment cleaning, etc.
- Responds to emergency calls and follows-up on emergency visits and/or ill residents.
- Provides support and friendly visits.
- Conducts grocery shopping, as well as other general errands.
- Provides general clerical support by answering phone, ordering supplies, and typing letters and reports, etc.
- Maintains resident charts and vials of life and notes changes in log book.
- Follows all safety, security, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
- Assists in monitoring medication compliance.
- Assists with resident room tray service.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents.
- Provides information to and updates family members regarding resident conditions and assists in counseling residents and/or families.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for all residents.
- Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times