Sales, marketing and public speaking experience in the senior living industry are preferred. 3-4 years experience preferred. The position is available in early October.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Sales Counselor is responsible for representing the community during the sales process with prospective residents. This begins with the prospective resident’s first inquiry to the community, at which time the sales counselor provides all information pertaining to the regulations, procedures and policies related to residing at the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Staffs the office during business hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
2. Manages the sales process through first inquiry to receipt of deposit to move-in in relation to the representation, negotiation and promotion of the community to that individual.
3. Manages and has experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database. Manages all information relating to the prospective resident/inquiry: communication with administration, communication with direct supervision and accurate documentation of all contact in the CRM database.
4. Works with the prospective resident, family members and key influencers (physician, attorney, trust officer, as appropriate) to facilitate a timely and beneficial commitment to the community.
5. Responsible for the professional handling of all incoming inquiries.
6. Promotes the sales process through ongoing contact with a prospective resident via telephone, email, personal visits, tours and home visit activities, as appropriate.
7. Provides to the Marketing Director marketing planning information about opportunities and demonstrates the ability to develop and implement innovative marketing strategies resulting in increased census.
8. Maintains working knowledge and abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Fair Housing Act at all times.
9. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
10. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all residents, employees, family members and visitors.
11. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
12. Effectively represents Edgewood at events in the local community to advance the organization’s mission and strong reputation, and positively impact how seniors are perceived as valued members of our society.
1. Must be self-motivated, excellent communication skills and exhibit poise, enthusiasm and tact.
2. Maintains personal work areas in a presentable manner and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
3. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Marketing Director