Full and Part Time positions are available on all shifts, working every other weekend. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Staff Nurse is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation, and emergency calls on a specified shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Administers medications in accordance with physicians’ orders and the care plan and maintains inventory drugs and patient prescription drugs.
2. Administers treatments including, but not limited to: dressings, catheterization, suctioning, oxygen, intravenous fluids, isolation techniques, physical and emotional caring techniques, etc.
3. Participates as needed in providing direct care for residents in accordance with facility standards and pertinent regulations.
4. Responsible for proper and timely response to the emergency call system in independent living apartments, cottages and common areas.
5. Assesses the health and mental status of residents during medical administration and reports timely and accurately any changes in condition to the resident and allowed parties.
6. Responsible for the timely documentation of nursing care, administration of medications, incident reports, physician orders, and all other aspects of care in accordance with facility and regulatory standards.
7. Assists in maintaining a safe environment for staff and residents.
8. Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
9. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Assists in admission and discharge procedures.
2. Makes written/oral recommendations and comments to DON regarding operations and condition of Health Center.
3. Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
4. Keeps physicians, residents, and designated parties aware of changes in residents’ conditions.
5. Assures continuity of services and care.
6. Encourages restorative care in order to obtain maximum resident independence.
7. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
8. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Nursing and/or Charge
Education: Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing and possess a current nursing license to practice nursing in the State of Massachusetts.
Experience: Preferably six months nursing experience. Geriatric experience a plus.