ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Administers medications in accordance with physicians’ orders and the care plan and maintains
inventory drugs and patient prescription drugs.
2. Administers treatments including, but not limited to: dressings, catheterization, suctioning, oxygen, intravenous fluids, isolation techniques, physical and emotional caring techniques, etc.
3. Participates as needed in providing direct care for residents in accordance with facility standards and pertinent regulations.
4. Responsible for proper and immediate response to the emergency call system in independent living apartments, cottages and common areas.
5. Assesses the health and mental status of residents during medical administration and reports timely and accurately any changes in condition to the resident and allowed parties.
6. Responsible for the timely documentation of nursing care, administration of medications,
incident reports, physician orders, and all other aspects of care in accordance with facility and regulatory standards.
7. Assists in maintaining a safe and cohesive environment for staff and residents and reports concerns.
8. Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
9. Follows all regulations per the Department of Public Health and CMS.
10. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
11. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Mission, Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
12. Cross trains in all healthcare departments (Resident Services & Woodlands Inn) & assists as needed and as departmental schedule allows.
1. Assists in admission and discharge procedures.
2. Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
3. Assures continuity of services and care.
4. Encourages restorative care in order to obtain maximum resident independence.
5. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
6. Will assume a charge position as needed and assigned.
7. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
8. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Nursing and/or Charge Nurse.
Education: Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing and possess a current nursing license to practice nursing in
the State of Massachusetts. Must have basic computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office.
Experience: SNF experience 1+ years, Medication administration, documentation.