The position will work full time, weekdays. The ideal candidate will be flexible, reliable and have a positive attitude. Experience working with the elderly preferred, but willing to train.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
Assists the Activity Director in developing and implementing various programs designed to meet the individual needs of the residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Visit with individual residents as assigned by the Program Director.
2. Inform, invite, and encourage residents to attend activity programs, assist with transportation of
residents to and from activity and accompany residents on trips out of the facility under the guidance of the Program Director.
3. Record attendance at activities and note any changes in daily participation calendar.
4. Assist with setting up activities, and maintain and distribute equipment and supplies for groups.
5. Deliver mail, assist residents with opening their mail, if needed, and read mail for residents as
6. Assist with decorating the facility according to seasonal and special occasion themes.
7. Change reality boards when needed.
8. Assists the Program Director with preparing the calendar and daily schedule of events.
9. Assists with resident assessments, accurate documentation of resident’s progress notes and
responses to programs, under the direction of the Garden View Program Director.
10. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Garden View Program Director.
11. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
12. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all
13. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
14. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
15. Cross trains in all healthcare departments (Resident Services & Woodlands Inn) & assists as needed and as departmental schedule allows.