Full Time positions available on the 7-3 shift. Full Time or Part Time on the 11-7 shift.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Certified Nursing Assistant assists the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
6. Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting, and exercising.
7. Collects specimens as instructed.
8. Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures, and specimens when indicated.
9. Transfers, transports, and escorts residents as needed with the use of safety/protective devices.
10. Answers call lights promptly and courteously.
11. Changes bed linens, makes beds, and keeps rooms clean and orderly when necessary.
12. Follows all safety, security, infection control, and hazardous materials policies and procedures.
13. Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
14. Cross trains in all healthcare departments (Resident Services & Woodlands Inn) & assists as needed and as departmental schedule allows.
15. Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
16. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
2. Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for
3. Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Works effectively as part of a team and maintains an even temperament when faced with day
5. Documentation follows Medicare and regulatory guidelines and is complete and accurate.
6. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at
7. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Charge or Staff Nurse.