The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts lawmakers have updated guidelines for individuals who are fully vaccinated (two weeks after receiving their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine). All residents and staff at Edgewood have had the opportunity to receive both doses of the vaccine. We are thrilled to announce that we can now relax some of the protocols that have been in place and welcome visitors back to our campus to visit residents both indoors and outdoors.
The following protocols will apply:
- Edgewood Independent Living residents are no longer required to wear masks.
- Residents may have family and friends visit indoors and out.
• Visitors must wear a mask while in any of the common areas (including hallways).
- Residents, visitors and staff at The Woodlands Inn Assisted Living/Memory Care households and The Meadows Health Center are required to wear masks.
• All visitors must enter through the main entrance, have their temperature taken and sign in.
• Visitors may dine inside if they have been vaccinated and outdoors on the terrace if not.
We remind all residents and visitors to continue observing the following protocols for your own safety and the safety of others:
• Wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds using warm water and soap.
• Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching a hard surface.
• Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
As always, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our highest priority. If you should have any questions about these guidelines or need any additional information related to the coronavirus, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 978-725-3300.