The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) confirmed that individuals who have a breakthrough infection can spread the virus to others. They have since recommended anyone living in a high transmission or substantial transmission area wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Most counties in Massachusetts are either in high transmission or substantial transmission.
All residents and staff at Edgewood have had the opportunity to receive both doses of the vaccine. We will continue to welcome visitors to our campus to visit residents with the following protocols in place.
The following protocols will apply:
- We strongly recommend residents wear a mask whenever they leave their apartment or go off property to the greater surrounding communities.
- Visitors must wear a mask while in any of the common areas (including hallways).
- Residents, visitors and staff at The Woodlands Inn Assisted Living/Memory Care households and The Meadows Health Center are required to wear masks.
- All visitors must enter through the main entrance, have their temperature taken and sign in.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, will only be allowed to eat outdoors or in a residents’ apartment/cottage.
We remind all residents and visitors to continue observing the following protocols for your own safety and the safety of others:
- Wash your hands frequently, for 20 seconds using warm water and soap.
- Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching a hard surface.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
As always, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our highest priority. If you should have any questions about these guidelines or need any additional information related to the coronavirus, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 978-725-3300.