The position will work Mon-Fri, 9a-1:30p.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Diet Aide is responsible for preparing and serving therapeutic diet meals to Health Center residents, in both Dining Rooms in the Health Center, in accordance with therapeutic diet menus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares therapeutic desserts, salads, and sandwiches as required.
2. Serves meals to Health Center residents.
3. Sets up tables in Health Center dining areas and breaks down same after meals.
4. Transports hot and cold foods to and from Health Center.
5. Transports all required non-food items to and from Health Center.
6. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
7. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Maintains work station and equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
2. Maintains acceptable standards for personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
3. Delivers trays to Health Center residents who are unable to take their meals in dining areas.
4. Attends in service training and education sessions as assigned.
5. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
6. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Culinary Services Director and Health Center Dietary Management.