This position is scheduled to work a couple of days a week.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Receptionist performs telephone, reception, and general clerical duties at the Reception Desk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Opens and closes the reception desk and office area and properly secures all files, keys, and equipment.
2. Operates the telephone system and communicates effectively.
3. Receives and forwards messages, both verbally and written, to appropriate personnel.
4. Operates two-way radio system to dispatch messages to appropriate personnel.
5. Projects a positive image of the organization in dealing with residents, co-workers, and the public.
6. Enters work orders into PM Worx and guest room reservations into Edgewood Net on the computer.
7. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Assists residents with work orders and answering general questions.
2. Gives all applicants a formal Edgewood application.
3. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
4. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor and Administrative Services Manager.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English. Must have basic computer knowledge.
Experience: Three to twelve months as a Receptionist. Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to be able to interact with the public in a professional manner.