Sunday, Sep 30, 2018, 2:00 pm
575 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA
ENSEMBLE CHACONNE is in its’ 33rd Season and includes musicians Peter H. Bloom, baroque flute; Carol Lewis, viola da gamba; and Olav Chris Henriksen, baroque lute and English guitar.
Hailed for “vitality and character….style and verve,” (MusicWeb International), Ensemble Chaconne concertizes in the U.S. and abroad. The group will be offering a concert called European Masters in 18th Century London. The musicians perform gems by Handel and Vivaldi (whose music captivated Londoners in the early 1700s), as well as treasures by European composers who settled in London later: J.C. Bach, Carl Friedrich Abel (the last great viola da gamba virtuoso), esteemed Italian violinist Felice de Giardini, and famed oboist Johann Christian Fischer.
- Sonata in a minor (Hallenser Sonata No.1) by Handel
- Concerto in D major (per liuto) by Vivaldi
- Solos for viola da gamba in d minor by Carl Friedrich Abel
- Trio V in C major by Felice de Giardini
- Sonata IX in d minor by Johann Christian Fischer
Sponsored by the Music Committee
RSVP's are closed for this event.