Edgewood is looking for an RN with at least 3 years experience working in an Assisted Living setting.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Resident Care Manager is responsible for evaluating the living and medical needs of residents at the Woodlands Inn, assisting with the development of programs to meet those needs and teaching self help techniques. The Resident Care Manager provides geriatric care management to the residents working with both the resident and/or families of older adults to evaluate the needs of the residents to ensure quality care and an optimal life; coordinates with the various internal departments and outside vendors to meet those needs to ensure that the medical, social and emotional needs and general welfare of residents is met. The Manager is responsible for supervising the Innkeeper staff of The Woodlands Inn. The Manager participates in the decision making process regarding resident admissions to the Woodlands Inn and transitions to the Health Center or other facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Evaluates the physical, emotional and/or social needs for supervision of the residents in the home.
2. Provides evaluation and monitoring of acute and chronic medical conditions of residents in the home.
3. Has 24-hour accountability for the care services provided to their residents at The Woodlands Inn.
4. Participates in orientation of staff providing care to the resident at the Woodlands Inn.
5. Notifies family members and professionals promptly of changing condition or changing needs of the resident and maintains communication with physicians, families and appropriate staff regarding resident status.
6. Able to provide consultation and advice to resident/family and Innkeepers regarding available internal and external community resources. This may include medical management and coordination which may include attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitoring client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions
7. Conducts/initiates/oversees resident clinics, education and support groups as indicated.
8. Assists the Administrator in marketing Edgewood programs to appropriate residents and potential customers, family members.
9. Monitors accidents of residents by care evaluations recommending technologies to add to security and/or safety or other interventions
10. May review or oversee bill paying or consulting with accountant or client’s Power of Attorney at request of resident/family.
11. Acts as a care liaison between residents, families, physicians and the health care team and provides consultation and advice to the resident/family regarding available internal and external community resources
12. Takes an active Quality Assurance Performance Improvement approach to identify areas to monitor and maintain for the highest quality of care. Follows through with documentation and ensures timeliness and accuracy of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement programs and initiatives.
13. Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
14. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
15. Maintains or improves independence through directing, educating, and orienting residents in the use of appropriate adaptive equipment or techniques.
16. Assesses living environment and recommends adaptation to eliminate architectural barriers.
17. Assists in the orientation of all new residents to adjust to community living.
18. Assists in the new hire orientation of all Geriatric Care Management staff and Innkeeper staff.
19. Conducts annual evaluation of Innkeeper staff and may participate in/provide input got evaluation of other staff who work at the Woodlands Inn.
20. Works with Human Resources and Edgewood Leadership for corrective action and disciplinary action of Woodlands care staff.
21. Maintains appropriate and complete reports, records, physician’s orders, care plans, and progress notes. Assures confidentiality of resident information.
22. Monitors staff job performance and provides timely coaching, correction or disciplinary action as needed.
23. Develops and maintains current schedules of care and chargeable services. Submits itemized resident charges to the Accounting Department on a monthly basis.
24. Assists residents and families by offering support in dealing emotionally with the aging process and illness.
25. Provides medication management and administration of non-injectable medications, prescribed or ordered by an authorized prescriber, by oral or other methods (e.g. topical, inhalers, eye and ear drops, medicated patches, as necessary oxygen, suppositories) as needed, including ordering, overseeing and storage. Provides oversight, consultation and education to resident and staff involved in self-administration of medications.
26. Monitors infections and accidents of residents. Notifies families and physicians of all accidents or incidents.
28. Monitors private duty personnel in accordance with community policies and procedures.
29. Ensures accurate and complete documentation per state and federal regulations, nursing standards of practice and complies with the Massachusetts Nurse Practice Act.
30. Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures as necessary.
31. Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
32. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Coordinates resident services activities with other departments.
2. Assists in interpreting and keeping current resident services policies and procedures.
3. Serves as a member of Care Planning, Resident Concerns, Utilization Review, Resident Health Care and Safety Committees.
4. Coordinates bi annual and as needed family and resident meetings.
5. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
6. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Health Care Administrator/designee.
Education: Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English. Must be a
graduate of an approved school of nursing and possess a current
Nursing license to practice nursing in the State of Massachusetts.
Experience: Preferably three years nursing experience. Supervisory
Experience required. Geriatric experience with a
dementia population. Experience in recreational activities, budget