Edgewood is currently looking for a part-time Social Club Assistant. Hours include weekends and occasional weekdays. The ideal candidate will be energetic, flexible, compassionate, and will have experience with seniors who a have memory impairment. 1+ year HHA/CNA experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with planning, coordinating and directing the social and recreational activities of the residents enrolled in the Carriage Room Program.
2. Assists with arranging for transportation for outings.
3. Assists with creating and maintaining monthly calendar for program.
4. Serves as a resource person for new residents.
5. Assures that all necessary paperwork is completed in a timely manner for program participants.
6. Assists with maintaining census goals.
7. Cross trains in all healthcare departments (Health Center & Woodlands Inn) & assists as needed and as departmental schedule allows.
8. Markets program to appropriate residents and family members.
9. Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
10. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
9. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
1. Encourages residents to take an active part in the program when appropriate.
2. Develops and maintains relationships with family members.
3. Provides personal care and assists with ADL’s as needed.
4. Provides in-house and off-site escort services to Carriage Room Program, beauty shop, Dr. Rokous Center, etc.
5. Provides general clerical support by answering the phone, and typing letters and reports, etc.
6. Maintains resident charts and notes changes in resident’s files and in communication book.
7. Follows all safety, security and infection control polices and procedures.
8. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
9. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.