Edgewood is looking for an Activities Assistant for the Woodlands Inn. The position is part time and would work weekends.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
Assists the Life Enrichment Coordinator in developing and implementing various programs designed to meet the individual needs of the residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Visit with individual residents as assigned by the Life Enrichment Coordinator and requested by Woodlands Inn staff.
2. Inform, invite, and encourage residents to attend activity programs, assist with transportation of
residents to and from activity and accompany residents on trips out of the facility under the guidance
of the Life Enrichment Coordinator.
3. May be asked to record attendance at activities and note any changes in daily participation.
4. Assist with setting up activities, and maintain and distribute equipment and supplies for groups.
5. Deliver mail, assist residents with opening their mail, if needed, and read mail for residents as
6. Assist with decorating the facility according to seasonal and special occasion themes.
7. Assist with meal and snack preparations, cooking, serving or light housekeeping in the homes.
8. Assists the Life Enrichment Coordinator with preparing the calendar and daily schedule of events.
9. Assists with resident assessments, accurate documentation of resident’s progress notes and
responses to programs, under the direction of the Life Enrichment Coordinator.
10. Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Life Enrichment Coordinator or Administrator.
11. Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
12. Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all
13. Applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
14. Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance and Values at all times.
15. Cross trains in all healthcare departments (Resident Services & Health Center) & assists as needed and as departmental schedule allows.