“To describe our life at Edgewood in one word it would be ‘complete.’
Friends, activities, security and the food are all part of that.”
— Bill & Dottie Schirmer
RETIREMENT LIVING AS IT SHOULD BE
When you first set foot on our campus, you will feel the Edgewood difference. Residents here are called members because our community is so much more than a place to live. It’s a place to become a part of something truly special. It’s a community that encourages learning, growth, exploration and the opportunity to enjoy life without the worries of home maintenance or even future care. At Edgewood, you’ll find a lifestyle that empowers and encourages you to be as active, engaged and adventurous as you care to be with a full calendar of programs, trips and activities both on and off campus. At the same time, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind and security that come with knowing important decisions about future care are already taken care of. It’s the best of all worlds. And it’s only found at Edgewood. Become an Edgewood member and discover the Edgewood difference.
Services and Amenities.
Morning aerobics in our heated indoor pool. A hearty, chef-prepared, farm-to-table lunch at noon. An afternoon art class. An evening at the Boston Symphony. Or discover a passion exciting and new. It’s all up to you.
If you were at Edgewood, you could be living a vibrant lifestyle in a one-of-a-kind retirement community that understands the best time of your life is now. We have so much to offer, and it’s all designed to keep you active, happy and healthy.
Health and Wellness
- Farm-to-table dining options
- Full-time wellness specialist
- Aquatics center with indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool
- Fitness center membership with personal training
- Fitness classes, including yoga, aerobics, strength training, aqua aerobics, balance training, tai chi, beach ball volleyball, and Rock Steady Boxing®
- Locker room with private changing areas and showers
- Walking trails
- Access to Lake Cochichewick for canoeing, kayaking and fishing
A full calendar of both on- and off-campus programs, including educational, recreational, spiritual, wellness, fitness, entertainment and social events. Programs and events are tailored to members’ interests.
- Twice-weekly trips to museums, attractions, the Boston Symphony, theater and more
- Edgewood Lifelong Learning (ELL), a member-driven series of courses on a wide range of topics, featuring members and area professionals as faculty
- Whole Person Wellness program that includes meditation, lifelong learning, cultural events, putting tournaments, badminton, bocce and snowshoeing
- Monthly health and wellness presentation
- Bakery offering fresh breads and baked goods
- Billiards room
- Multipurpose rooms for cards, crafts, lectures and more
- Cocktail lounge
- Newly renovated dining spaces
- Computer lab
- Art Gallery and studio
- Convenience market
- Individual outdoor garden beds
- Guest Wi-Fi
Supplemental Services Available for an Additional Fee
- Additional dining for members or guests
- Reserved garage parking
- Heavy-duty or additional housekeeping
- Beauty and barbershop services
- Computer assistance
- In-home maintenance and/or repair of personal possessions
- Guest rooms
ELL: EDGEWOOD LIFELONG LEARNING
The Edgewood Lifelong Learning (ELL) program is a distinctive feature of the Edgewood lifestyle. A member-driven program, the ELL series features programs, classes and lectures on a wide variety of topics, all led by Edgewood members, area professionals and educators. Subjects are suggested and decided by members and have included:
- Exploring Your Roots
- Charles Dickens’ David Copperfield: Where Fact and Fiction Collide
- Computer Training with Merrimack College Students
- The Roosevelts: An American Power Couple
- Climate Change: The Global Picture and Regional Effects
- Boston Loves Impressionism
- Black Widows & Tarnished Knights: Film Noir Movies from the 1940s to the 1970s
- Poem, Paint and Parasite: A Career in Science with One Foot in the Arts
ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT
At Edgewood, there’s never a dull moment. Every day at Edgewood is filled with possibilities. Our calendar is full of art classes, games, movies, presentations, fun trips, and more — and it’s always changing based on what residents love! Get a glimpse of a regular day at Edgewood with our calendar below.
It’s never too late to learn something new.
Edgewood members actively participate in committees and governance of our community.
Based on our philosophy that “this is your home, you have a voice,” Edgewood members are encouraged to participate in a variety of committees that provide suggestions for improving and maintaining our community, including:
- Building and Grounds
- Convenience Store
- Edgewood Lifelong Learning (ELL Program)
- Edgewood Magazine
- Edgewood Enhancement
- Food and Beverage
- Health Care
- Treasure Cove
- Virginia Champlin Music Fund
- Welcome Group
Governance: Residents’ Association and Residents’ Council
Edgewood members established a Residents’ Association from which members created a Residents’ Council that meets monthly. The purpose of both groups is to represent the members and their interests in Edgewood retirement community. The Residents’ Council works in conjunction with both the board of trustees and the Edgewood management team to make Edgewood an exceptional place to live. In addition, three Edgewood members are voting members of the board of trustees.
Schedule a Visit
The Edgewood Difference Video Series