Part time positions are available working weekend days and on the 3p shift.
Full time positions are available on the 3p and 11p shifts.
Healthcare experience & HHA Certification or C.N.A. license is required. Weekend differentials are available!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND JOB FUNCTION
The Innkeeper is responsible for caring for elders in a universal worker model in which they provide a wide range of assistance. This includes personal care, activities, meal planning & preparation, light housekeeping and laundry duties and emotional support. Through strong relationship building with residents and families, and an organizational structure that keeps much of the day-to-day decision-making in the home, the Innkeeper will facilitate an environment that contributes to a meaningful life for residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs documented in-depth interview upon move in to determine resident preferences, care goals and life wishes and with resident input, develops a life plan to support a meaningful life.
- Coordinates with the Innkeeping team to develop a daily duty roster and performs duties as assigned per the roster.
- Makes daily rounds to ill residents. Reports medical or emotional changes to Care Management Nurse promptly.
- Responds to and appropriately reports emergencies and meets with residents following emergency visits and/or ill resident visits as assigned throughout the shift.
- Provides personal care and assists with ADL per the resident service plan. Provides support and friendly visits to residents as needed or instructed.
- Provides general clerical support by answering phone, ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the house.
- Completes light housekeeping and laundry services daily in resident rooms and in individual home common areas.
- Provides medication cues to residents as assigned and documents appropriately.
- Prepares, cooks and serves meals and snacks to residents under the direction of a Culinary Chef. Assists in planning and developing menus based on resident wishes, cultural needs and requests. Works with Chef to determine supplies needed for meal preparation.
- Cleans up after all meals, washes dishes, stores food and maintains kitchen area in safe and sanitary manner.
- Observes and reports maintenance needs promptly using electronic work order system.
- Maintains documentation of resident records and tracking of care given. Communicates changes and/or resident needs to other staff members.
- Follows all safety, security, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to schedule appropriate staffing for the home.
- Participates in family meetings when requested.
- Communicates with physicians and health care providers when requested.
- Provides in-house escort services to beauty shop, recreational gym and sites on and off the Edgewood campus, etc.
- Plans, creates, initiates, conducts and actively participates in on and off-site, social and recreational activities based upon resident wishes and interests.
- Understands and follows the active service plan for each resident. Promotes and follows the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Maintains complete resident confidentiality and complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Upholds Resident’s rights at all times and applies Hearthstone teachings and philosophy to all aspects of the position.
- Assists in monitoring resident medication cue compliance and follows up with Health Care Administrator as needed for concerns or resident noncompliance.
- Practices and exhibits Edgewood’s Standards of Performance, Mission and Values at all times.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents and captures this in documentation to ensure accurate care assessment and appropriate billing.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs, and rehabilitation for all residents.
- Attends all in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Abides by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) at all times.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Health Care Administrator